Nothing makes anything better like bacon. Seriously, bacon is the ultimate Unami flavor. Nobody does bacon better than the south. Here is a bacon gravy that literally is great with anything!
You can pour over scrambled eggs and biscuits. If you make meatloaf, pour this over it and elevate the flavor. You can even it pour over roasted veggies to get your kids to eat their veggies.
As always, send me your pictures and comments. DOn’t forget to follow me on Instagram @whiskinthe southern.
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped, Sweet White Onion
- 2 cups Peeled & Chopped, Ripe Tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Fry bacon, until crisp.With a slotted spoon transfer bacon to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 Tablepsoon, grease from skillet.
- Stir in onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.Add in tomatoes and juice and stir frequently until it starts to bubble and thicken. About another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in thyme. Season with salt and pepper.Serve over biscuits, meatloaf or veggies and top with crispy bacon.