I am so grateful to Brigid of @Bostonbabbler for sharing her recipe for Chocolate Madelines. I hope you enjoy them and that you will follower her on instagram.
As always, please share your comments and pictures with me. Be sure to follow me too on Instagram @whiskinthesouthern.
- madeline pan
- 3 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 3 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 lg. Eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°Grease a madeline pan with Butter or shortening. I nuse a pastry brush an am heavy handed with the grease, so they turn out easily.
- Melt butter and chocolate. A double boiler is best but you can use microwave, in 20 second intervals.Once chocolate and butter are smooth and melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a standup mixer fitted with the whisk, whip your eggs on medium speed. Once they are smooth add in sugar a little at a time.Once all sugar is in, whip on high for 3 to 5 minutes, until smooth and pale yellow in color.
- Sift flour and salt and add to mixer in three additions. Slow down the speed and incorporate fully before adding more.Pour in melted chocolate mixture and whisk on low until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to get all the chocolate from the sides and make sure it's evenly incorporated.
- Using a pastry bag or a small cookie scoop, pour batter into prepared Madeline pans. Make sure they are evenly filled for an even bake.Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through.You are looking for the classic Madeline bump and that they bounce back when you touch them to determine if they are baked through.Cool in pan for 7 to 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on rack.Serve as is or with a dusting of confectioners; sugar.