I saw this recipe first done on @LifeisbutDish story on Instagram. it is such a clever idea, I had to share it with you.
It comes together super quickly and can be customized to fit any occasion.
As always send me your pictures and comments. Follow me on instagram @whiskinthesouthern
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp, Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/3 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips. See notes
- Preheat oven to 350°.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, until smooth.Add in vanilla and salt.Gradually add flour and mix until just combined. it will seem dry. It's all good.Stir in chocolate chips, save a few for topping before baking.
- Turn the dough out onto lined baking sheet and cover with another piece of parchment.Start by using your fingers and hands to pat the dough flat.From here you can use a rolling pin or even a heavy can to roll the dough into a thin, flat, even layer (about 1/4" thick).Peel top kayer of parchment off and press remaining chips into flattened dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy edges and golden brown all over.Cool COMPLETELY then break into uneven shards of cookie crack.