Dorie never lets you down. I tripled this recpe for a family dinner. Itt was a hit! I made it with boneless/skinless chicken. I would highly ecommend using skin on. You can always peel it off to eat, but the flavor it gives is…
Fajitas are one of those dishes that you can serve and even the pickiest of eater can find something to eat. However, they can be intimidating to cook at home. Now that sheet pan meals are trending, it is so much easier and the…
- 8 Tbs. unsalted butter more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups toppings time to get creative!
- 1/4 tsp. fleur de sel you can use kosher salt or sea salt
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 325°. Generously butter an 18x13 rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in microwave or on stovetop.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously until batter is thick, shiny and smooth. I like to use a heavy wooden spoon. Stir in the flour until well blended then beat vigorously, another 30-40 strokes
- Spread batter evenly onto baking sheet in thin, even layer. Push it all the way to the corners. It will seem too thin but the batter will rise.Add your toppings, pressing in firmly. I used about 1/2 cup peanut butter and swirled it through the batter. Then pressing lightly with wet hands I also used mini marshmallows and walnuts for a rocky road as well as dried cherries and almonds. You can get as creative as you want. This is a great activity for a kids or teens party.
- Bake until firm to the touch and tester comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely then cut into pieces and serve. I did one batch and divided it into thirds to try different toppings. Have fun!
Easy Like Sunday Morning Cinnamon Rolls
Course: Breakfast, brunch
Keyword: cinnamon rolls
- 4 cups Bisquick Mix
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 4 Tbs.
- 2 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter melt 2 Tbs.; let remaining come to soft room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbs. melted, unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Bisquick, buttermilk and 4 Tbs. sugar. Dough should be a little sticky. Add more buttermilk if necessary. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar and cinnamon. Stir in 2 Tbs. melted butter to moisten.
- Generously flour an area to roll out dough. Turn out dough and form a ball. Roll into a 1/2" thick rectangle. Spread remaining soft butter over dough and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture. Gently press into dough.
- Start rolling into a log from the long end. Gently roll "log" to seal seam. Cut into 12 even slices. Place tightly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
Cinnamon Roll Glaze
- In a medium bowl add the confectioners sugar. Slowly stir in melted butter and vanilla, to get wet. Whisk in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency. Pour over warm cinnamon rolls.
Fennel & Almond Salad
This is a hardy salad that is so fresh, it feels light. You can easily add a grilled protein and make it a meal.
Course: first course, Main Dish, Side Dish
- 5 medium fennel bulbs reserve fronds
- 1/2 cup Flat Leaf Parsley rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Marcona Almonds, salted chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Trim and core the fennel bulbs. Reserve the fronds and chop about 1/2 cup for salad.Slice the fennel, thinly, crosswise. Rough chop the flat leaf parsley. It's okay if a few stems are in there.
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl or jar and slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking. Then whisk in the mustard. Adjust seasoning and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss together fennel with fronds, parsley, almonds and pecorino cheese.Toss with desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.