Everyone should have a good vinaigrette to make and build on. This one does the trick.
Dorie never lets you down. I tripled this recpe for a family dinner. Itt was a hit! I made it with boneless/skinless chicken. I would highly ecommend using skin on. You can always peel it off to eat, but the flavor it gives is…
0 from 0 votes
Fajitas are one of those dishes that you can serve and even the pickiest of eater can find something to eat. However, they can be intimidating to cook at home. Now that sheet pan meals are trending, it is so much easier and the clean up is a breeze.This is an easy recipe to double or triple.
Keyword: Chicken Breast
- 6 Tbs. olive oil divided 4T. and 2 T.
- 1 lime, zested reserve 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotles, in adobo sauce, coarsely chopped don't be afraid of the sauce. It's ok to let that stay on the peppers. You may even add some sauce to your dish.
- 2 tsp. ground cumin You can use less or more depending on your taste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika I love this.
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 bell pepper, sliced into 1/4" slices lengthwise you can use any combination of colors
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 8 flour tortillas maybe more or less
- Preheat your oven to 425°. In medium bowl, stir together the 4 Tbs. olive oil, lime zest and juice, chipotles, cumin, about 1-1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and smoked paprika.Toss chicken in marinade and set aside to marinate while prepping the rest of the recipe.
- On a sheet pan toss the pepper and onion with remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and pinch pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on another sheet pan. You don't want it swimming in the marinade but don't be afraid of it. Discard remaining marinade.Roast veggies and chicken in oven until cooked through and soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and set aside. Turn broiler on and move sheet pan with veggies close to broiler. Broil for just a few minutes to get a nice char on it, 2 - 5 minutes. On a lower rack place tortillas right on the rack for a minute or two, to warm. Flip them once then wrap in a foil to keep warm.
- Layer veggies with chicken on a serving platter and serve with warm tortillas and toppings. I like avocado, salsa, beans, cheese and sour cream. I also love to serve extra lime wedges, on the side.
0 from 0 votes
Asparagus Legume Bell Pepper Salad
You can easily add chicken or steak to make this more of a meal.
- 2 large Bell Peppers choose red, yellow or orange
- 1/2 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1" pieces
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fresh minced oregano leaves if you use dried, use only 1/2 tsp.
- 1 Tbs. fresh minced basil leaves if you use dried, use only 1 tsp.
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 14-oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed. You can save the liquid for another use.
- 12 kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 6 cups baby greens
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- You can use the peppers, either raw or roasted. To roast: Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil, leave an extended edge. Place whole peppers, in a single layer, on the foil and place baking sheet about 6" from broiler. Broil until lightly charred, using tongs to rotate peppers until all sides are charred. Draw foil around peppers and remove from oven. Close foil packet for 5 minutes or so. Once the peppers are cool enough to touch, peel peppers and discard seeds. Slice ninto 1/4" strips.
- Blanch asparagus until just tender (al dente). You can do this step before or after you cut into 1" pieces. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, oregano, basil and salt& pepper. Whisk in olive oil, slowly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add greens to salad dressing bowl and toss, slightly. Add in garbanzo beans, pepper strips and olives, toss well. Add asparagus and toss gently. Sprinkle feta cheese on top and plate to serve.
3 from 1 vote
Really Good Chocolate Cake
This is three full layers of cake, not one cake cut into three layers! With lots of rich milk chocolate frosting between and all around. Oh yeah!
Cuisine: American, kids
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 4-oz. bar unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 3 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 ounces milk chocolate candy bars melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and Flour three 9" round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine the unsweetened chocolate and cocoa powder. Heat the water and butter in a pot over medium heat until butter is melted but water is simmering not boiling.
- Pour hot liquid over chocolate and cocoa mixture and stir to combine and melted and smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix to combine. Make sure chocolate mixture has cooled then add the eggs, one at a time and use a hand mixer to just combine. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture alternating with the buttermilk, finish with the flour, being sure to scrape down the sides. Don’t over mix.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake 20-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then invert and cool on rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and slowly add the sugar. Be sure to scrape down the sides. Drizzle in melted, cooled chocolate until evenly combined
- Frost each layer with about ¾ cup frosting and between each layer. Use remaining frosting to frost whole outer cake.
- Melt additional chocolate candy bars and drizzle over the top of frosted cake for decoration.