Dorie Greenspan's Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Mushrooms
- 1-1/2 pounds small potatoes scrubbed and cut in half if necessary
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms wipe clean, trim and cut in half if large.
- 1-2 large shallots, cut into 8 wedges you can use a small sweet onion as an alternate.
- 4 cloves unpeeled garlic reserve after baking
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary divided
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme divided
- fine sea salt & ground pepper
- 6 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar divided
- 4 whole chicken legs, thigh and drumstick
- Preheat oven to 450° Rub baking sheet with a little oil. You can line it with foil, for cleanup, but oil the foil too.
- Put the potatoes, mushrooms, shallot and garlic in a large bowl. Toss in 4 sprigs of rosemary and 4 sprigs of thyme, 1 tsp. salt, a few grindings of pepper, 2 Tbs, olive oil and 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar. Stir everything together until well coated. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet. Put chicken pieces in bowl and add remaining 3 Tbs. of oil and 2 Tbs. balsamic, 1/2 tsp. salt, a good amount of fresh ground pepper and toss together to coat well. Tuck chicken in to the vegetables and place remaining herbs under chicken.
- Roast the chicken/vegetables until a thermometer stuck in thickest part of thigh reads 165°, about 40 minutes to an hour. Serve right from baking sheets, or a pretty platter. Pour juices over chicken and vegetables.
- Remember I said to reserve the garlic? Well serve that in a little bowl alongside some crusty bread. It is delicious!