- 6 Tbs. olive oil divided 4T. and 2 T.
- 1 lime, zested reserve 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotles, in adobo sauce, coarsely chopped don't be afraid of the sauce. It's ok to let that stay on the peppers. You may even add some sauce to your dish.
- 2 tsp. ground cumin You can use less or more depending on your taste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika I love this.
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 bell pepper, sliced into 1/4" slices lengthwise you can use any combination of colors
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 8 flour tortillas maybe more or less
- Preheat your oven to 425°. In medium bowl, stir together the 4 Tbs. olive oil, lime zest and juice, chipotles, cumin, about 1-1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and smoked paprika.Toss chicken in marinade and set aside to marinate while prepping the rest of the recipe.
- On a sheet pan toss the pepper and onion with remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and pinch pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on another sheet pan. You don't want it swimming in the marinade but don't be afraid of it. Discard remaining marinade.Roast veggies and chicken in oven until cooked through and soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and set aside. Turn broiler on and move sheet pan with veggies close to broiler. Broil for just a few minutes to get a nice char on it, 2 - 5 minutes. On a lower rack place tortillas right on the rack for a minute or two, to warm. Flip them once then wrap in a foil to keep warm.
- Layer veggies with chicken on a serving platter and serve with warm tortillas and toppings. I like avocado, salsa, beans, cheese and sour cream. I also love to serve extra lime wedges, on the side.