A few years back, I was on a couples trip to celebrate a friends birthday. We went to San Francisco. The gals went a day early to shop and we had a grand time. It started raining, as it does in San Francisco, and we tried to find a place to eat lunch. Obviously it was a tall order. We decided to cab it over to a restaurant I had heard of and see if we could get in. Kokkari. We got so lucky because it was late enough that the lunch rush had slowed down, so they took us right away.
They sat us at the comfiest of couch booths, in front of the fire place. We ordered drinks and then took to the menu. We let our waiter guide us and waited for the food to arrive.
Everything we ate was delicious! One dish really stood out and I have spent the last several years trying to recreate. I finally feel like I got it right. The lamb chops were out of this world! They were simply grilled and then the dressing was poured over then while they were still hot, rather than a marinade. Incredible!
I hope you will try these and then let me know what you think. I love getting the already drenched lamb chops at Trader Joes, but you can get them everywhere.
Please follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/whiskinthesouthern/ Don’t forget to send pictures.
Kokkari Lamb Chops and Dressing
- 6 Tbs. Extra VIrgin Olive Oil extra for chops
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Capers, rinsed and minced
- 2 tsp. Shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Flat Leaf Parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Greek Oregano
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper extra for chops
- 2 Pounds Frenched Lamb Chops
- Whisk all ingredients together and set aside. You are letting the flavors meld.
- Meanwhile, Preheat Broiler to high.Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil. Place chops on a foil lined baking sheet and place under broiler for 5 minutes. Remove and turn. Place back under broiler for an additional 5 minutes. Check internal temperature. It should read 145° to 150°. Remember it will still cook a little out of the oven.
- IMMEDIATELY, when the chops come out ove oven, pour dressing over chops.Serve immediately with extra lemon and fresh oregano.