Trying out this new concept of one recipe three ways. This was the first one I ever did.
I had the “fancy” version at a Country Club and thought this is really good and I can recite this. I also thought what if I want similar taste profiles but didn’t have all that time? That when I created #steptosensational. I hope you enjoy!
As always, follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/whiskinthesouthern/ and send pics of your trues.
Chilean Sea Bas
- 4 6-oz pieces Chilean Sea Bass
- 1 large Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Butter, cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, thyme and oregano
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
Cook to Impress
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Shallots
- 3 Tbs. White-wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 9 Tbs. additional, Unsalted Butter, cut into 12 pieces
- Preheat ovent o 400°.Cut a 10 inch piece of parchment paper and Fish in center.Give each filet a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle with a little salt & pepper.Dot each piece of fish with a piece of butter. Then start to close your package.Pull the short sides up to meet each other over the middle of the fish and fold it down together. Twist ends tight and place on a baking sheet.Bake for 10 -15 minutes. The fish should be transluscent and flake easily.
- In this preparation, you will toss the chopped herbs with the salt and pepper and panko bread crumbs together.Melt the butter and stir in the juice of half the lemon. Brush this over the fish and then coat the fish with the herb/bread crumb mixture.Bake in the 400° degree oven for 10-15 minutes but without the parchment paper.
Cook to Impress
- Follow the Weeknight Entertaining instructions, then make the Beurre Blanc.Melt 1 Tbs. butter in a saute pan and add the shalltos. Cook until just translucent but not browned, about a minute or two.Add in the vinegar and continue to cook until liquid is almost entirely reduced.Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a heavy simmer but not quite boiling.Whisk in butter, one piece at a time, whisking constanly, until all butter is fully incorporated.Portion the sauce onto each plate and place fish on top of sauce.