- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar you can use light or dark
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 Tbs. Canola Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- 2/3 cup Sparkling Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sparkling Wine
- Gold Dusting Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray 2 donut pans with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar butter and oil. Add eggs and combine well. Whisk in vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.Alternating with milk mixture, stir flour mixture into sugar/butter mixture. Start and finish with dry ingredients. Do not over work.Stir sparkling wine in, just to combine.
- Evenly distribute batter between donut pan openings.Bake at 15-17 minutes, until golden brown and tootpick comes out just clean.Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out and cool completely on rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk sparkling wine into Confectioners' sugar to desired consistency.Spoon glaze over donuts and sprinkle with dusting sugar.