A beloved beverage from a great vacation.
- Coarse salt for rimming glass
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 1 ounce Orange Liqueur
- 2 ounces Fresh Carrot Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Table spoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Simple Syrup
- whole carrots, scallions for garnish
- Quickly dip glass rim in water then into the salt.
- In a shaker filled with ice pour tequila, orange liqueur, carrot juice, lime juice, orange juice and simple syrup.Shake well to combine.Pour into preferred glass, filled with ice.Garnish with whole carrots and/or scallions.Serve.
A favorite dip given a new taste with fresh herbs.
- 4 Medium Avocados
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 small Lime
- pinch Kosher Salt
- Peel and remove pit of all 4 avocados.In a medium serving bowl, or Mojacete, mash the avocados, coarsely.
- Strip the leaves from the rosemary and mince them, almost to a paste.For the Serrano pepper, remove all membranes and seeds, then chop fine.Mince garlic clove, fine.
- Stir with a fork, you are kind of mashing a little more, as you add the rosemary, pepper and garlic.Squeeze in half of lime juice. Add salt and then taste.Adjust seasoning by adding more juice or salt.Serve with chips.