Well, I don’t know about the mouth of a lady but I do know that this classically Italian almond flour cake is absolutely delicious. I made it for Passover but it is perfect for anytime. I used lots of lemon zest for a really fresh flavor. I also topped it with fresh made whipped cream. One word…YUM!
Boca di Dama
- springform pan
- 5 large Eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cup Granulated White Sugar, divided
- 2 Tbs. Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 Large Lemon, zested. Use a really large lemon.
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- Preheat oven to 350°Grease a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with butter, very well.In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, on medium speed, beat egg yolks. Slowly add cup of sugar, while beating. Beat until yolks are light yellow and double in voume.Reduce speed and drizzle in oil and lemon zest.
- In another CLEAN bowl start whipping the egg whites. When they have started to just foam, add sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
- Stir about 1/4 cup of egg whites into egg yolk mixture, to lighten. Then fold egg whites into egg whites.Add in almond extract and almond flour. Fold until just combined. You don't want to deflate the egg whites.
- Place cake batter into pan and smooth top. Place pan on a baking sheet.Bake at 350° for 15 minutes then reduce to 340° and bake for another 35 minutes.Check cake, if it browns too quickly, tent with foil.
- Let cake cool COMPLETELY, before sliding knife around edge of pan and open springform.Set on plate and top with fresh whipped cream. Serve.