Every now and then, a cake hits me between the eyes. This is one of those cakes.
As I have said before, I love Tahini!.
This cake has tahini in the cake and the frosting so it hits all the notes for me. I even note a pus sign by the tahini amounts, just to let you know go for it.
The lemon zest and the sour cream, in the cake batter settles downtime richness of the tahini. But in that frosting you just want to go for it.
This cake will keep for several days, in the refrigerator. Good luck with that, I couldn’t even get a picture before my crew dove in!
I'm obsesssed wtih Tahinin and luckily it is having a moment. This cake is based on a recipe I saws in Hadassah magazine. it may be my favorite cake I've ever made.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Cuisine: American, Israeli
Keyword: cake, tahini
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsps. Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 tsps. Kosher salt, I like Diamond.
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1-3/4 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 4 jumbo Eggs, at room temperature.
- 1 cup Whole Milk, at room temperature.
- 1/2+ cup Tahini, I used Soom, stirred and at room temperature.
- 2 tsps. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Sour Cream, at room temperature.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature.
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar, measured then sifted.
- 1/2 + cup Tahini, stirred and at room temperature.
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs. Heavy Cream
In a stand up mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter for 3-5 minutes to get really creamy and fluffy.Reduce speed and add tahini, vanilla and salt.Once fully incorporated, gradually add confectioners sugar, until well combined.Change attachments to whisk and add 2Tbs. Heavy Cream. Start slow then increase speed until fluffy.Frost the top and sides of cake. Serve!
Followers of Whisk in the Southern can expect high-quality recipes, a wealth of tips from chef Judi’s 40 years of culinary experience, useful products, and lessons taught in an accessible and fun way. Judi focuses on an easy-to-understand and accessible style of teaching that anyone can follow.
Let's Connect on Social!