Back on January 19th I posted my version of the Tik Tok, cake cutting hack, on my Instagram. While you all loved the hack, what I heard most was, “I need that recipe”! So here you go. This is my vanilla cake recipe. It is…
It seems so simple but fresh whipped cream, made at home, is something special. I love recipes that are simple but offer a big wow factor. It’s ironic that something so simple is often not tried. I hope this gives you the incentive needed to…
It seems like I always do the same things with m leftovers. And I throw more away than I would like. Especially in these times, I feel like I really want to stretch my leftovers and use them all up.
One night, I made a stir fry using up the remaining turkey. I added some brown rice, scrambled eggs and loaded it up with all the vegetables I had in my fridge. I had some fresh ginger in my freezer, that I grated in and a lite drizzle of sesame oil. YUM!!!
The next morning, I made this cake. I took a standard vanilla cake (bundt) and swirled it with my leftover Homemade Cranberry Sauce. I mixed a cup of sauce into half the cake batter and then layered it in to a bundt pan. I pulled a knife through the layers of batter and baked it,
For the glaze, I pushed the remaining sauce through a sieve and used that juice and whole milk, whisked it with confectioners sugar to make a glaze.
This recipe is great for using up fruit that is too soft to eat but is still good and of course leftover sauce.
Cranberry Swirl Bundt Cake
- 1 cup Homemade Fruit puree or Cranberry Sauce
- 2-1/2 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 6 Lg. Eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2-3 Tbs. Whole Milk or Juice to match your puree use more or less liquid to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 325°Grease and flour, well, a bundt pan or 10"tube pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar, until fluffy and light.Add eggs one at a time and blend until just combined, in between.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.Whisk together sour cream and vanilla together.Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with with the sour cream mixture, in three additions.DO NOT OVERWORKAdd half of the cake batter to the cranberry sauce.
- Start adding batter to prepared bundt pan with plain cake batter then add cranberry cake batter. Do three additions of plain and two of cranberry.Pull a knife through batter to make the swirl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes.Cake should spring back when touched. I like my tester to come out clean but with just a few moist crumbs.Cool in pan, on rack, for 20 minutes then turn out. Cool completely before glazing.
- Put the confectioners sugar in a large bowl. Add 1 Tbs. of milk and then 1 Tbs. of juice. Whisk and keep adding liquid, 1 Tbs. at a time, until you have the desired consistency.I pushed the remaining cranberry sauce through a sieve and used that sauce in my glaze.