I love a good “one-pan dish”. So when, one Saturday morning when I saw this recipe on the FoodNetwork’s The Kitchen, I was glued to the tv.
Katie Lee Biegel shared this dish and it seemed too easy to be good. But it looked fantastic when it was pulled out of the oven. I decided to try it. I added fresh asparagus. You can any fresh veggie.
This recipe was great because it was easy, flavorful and one dish to clean. This dinner will be in my regular rotation. This is my version,
One Pan Chicken with Tomatoes over Polenta
- 1 1-pound Tube Cooked Polenta
- Salt & Pepper
- 5-6 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 whole Chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan, or more
- 4-5 whole cloves garlic
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- Add optional veggies
- Preheat oven to 400° Drizzle a little olive oil into a9x13 baking dish.Slice Polenta and lay in a single layer into baking dish. Season generously with Salt & pepper.Lay chicken breasts across the top of polenta and season again.Sprinkle with parmesan and italian seasoning.
- Scatter garlic cloves around the chicken and polenta. If you are adding veggies, now is the time.Don't go crazy with salt but you do want to continue to season. Then drizzle whole dish with olive oil.
- Bake until an internal temperature of 165°, about 30 minutes.Garnish with more olive oil and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
You can get the original recipe here https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/roast-chicken-breast-with-polenta-and-cherry-tomatoes-9613853