This recipe elevates a childhood favorite to an adult indulgence. Your kids will like it too!
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Elevating a childhood favortie to an adult indulgence.
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- pinch salt
- 3 Tbs. Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbs. Jelly or Jam of your choice
- 6 slices challah bread cut 1/2' thick
- oil or ghee for frying
- Beat together eggs, cream and vanilla.Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on one slice of bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of jelly on another and make a sandwich.Soak sandwich for 5 minutes in egg mixture flipping half way through time.
- Heat oil or ghee in sauté pan and o=place sandwich in. Cook over a medium heat until browned on one side. Flip and brown on other side.Remove to platter and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve while hot.
- Repeat process two more times.