Here is a great recipe for Cappuccino Muffins to add to a a brunch table. It a perfect dish for your post Thanksgiving brunch, when you might sill be sleepy, but want to enjoy every minute you can with family and friends.
A delicous coffee flavored muffin, embllished with mini chocolate chips, if you want.
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tbs. Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°Line a muffin tin with paper liners of grease and flour each opening. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set asideIn the bowl of a stand-up mixer, whisk together milk and instant coffee, until coffee dissolves. Add butter, egg and vanilla to coffee mix well.Switch to paddle attachment and gradually add dry ingredients, until just combined.Fold in chocolate chips, if using. Fill tins, 2/3 of the way full.Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tester comes out with just a few crumbs.Cool for 5 minutes in pan then on a wire rack.Serve with a heaping bowl of schmear.
In a small bowl beat together all ingredients, except chocolate chips, until smooth. If using chips, fold in at the end.