Day: March 28, 2020
0 from 0 votes
Fennel & Almond Salad
This is a hardy salad that is so fresh, it feels light. You can easily add a grilled protein and make it a meal.
Course: first course, Main Dish, Side Dish
- 5 medium fennel bulbs reserve fronds
- 1/2 cup Flat Leaf Parsley rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Marcona Almonds, salted chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Trim and core the fennel bulbs. Reserve the fronds and chop about 1/2 cup for salad.Slice the fennel, thinly, crosswise. Rough chop the flat leaf parsley. It's okay if a few stems are in there.
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl or jar and slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking. Then whisk in the mustard. Adjust seasoning and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss together fennel with fronds, parsley, almonds and pecorino cheese.Toss with desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.