Brown Sugar Chocolate Bundt Cake
A buttermilk chocolate chunk cake made with mostly brown sugar.
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Tbs. Granualted White Sugar
- 2 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar, pack firmly
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla
- 4 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 (4oz.)Bar Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°Butter and flour a bundt pan.Mush together, pecans, butter and sugar for topping. Use a fork and crumble evenly into prepared bundt pan. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a tand up mixer, cream together butter with both sugars. Add in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
Alternating with flour mixture, stir in buttermilk. Start and finish with dry ingredients. Do not overwork the batter. This causes a tough or dense cake.Fold in chocolate and spoon into prepared pan, evenly. Bake for 45-55 minutes, The tester should have just a few crumbs left on it.Cool in pan and then turn out on rack and cool completely.