Copycat Lemon Bundt Cake
My favorite bakery cake, broken down for you to make at home.
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest, firmly packed
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Confectioners' Sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
Preheat oven to 325°.Butter, generously, the bundt pan.In a stand-up mixer fitted with a paddle, cream butter until it is light in color. Gradually add sugar and beat unti light and fluffy.Add eggs, one at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt.Alternating with Buttermilk, add the flour mixture to butter mixture. Start and finish with flour.Beat until just combined, do not overwork.Add in the lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to just combine. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.Bake for 55-65 minutes, depending on your oven. A tester should come out with just a few moist crumbs.Let cool in pan, for 10 minutes them turn out and cool completely on a rack.
While cake is cooling, make glaze.Using a handheld whisk, gradually add lemon juice to confectioners' sugar. Only add the amount of lemon juice you need for a thick pourable glaze. You don't want it to be too runny.When cake is cool, pour glaze generouslu around cake.